As a member, your annual membership fee of $25.00 will support the continued development of the SLIC mandate. SLIC was established in 1981 to develop the national certification process for Sign Language Instructors/Teachers. By supporting SLIC, you can help SLIC continue to strive for higher standards in teaching American Sign Language (ASL), langue des signes québécoise (LSQ) and signed languages of the Canadian Deaf communities across Canada.
SLIC is under the auspice of The Canadian Cultural Society of the Deaf (CCSD), a non-profit registered charitable organization that relies on personal donations for the operations of the Centre, and project grants. CCSD does not receive base funding for operations Currently SLIC is one of the important branches of the Canadian Cultural Society of the Deaf.
What your support would provide impact on:
- Enable CCSD’s goal to hire a full-time position for SLIC Director
- National certification for Sign Language Instructors and more e.g. American Sign Language (ASL)/ la langue des signes québécoise (LSQ) coaches
- Training and evaluation
- Professional development opportunities for SLIC members
- The expansion and enhancement of SLIC as a professional organization
- The recognition of SLIC as the leading expert in teaching Sign Languages namely ASL & LSQ and signed languages of Canadian Deaf communities
- Partnership opportunities
What we can provide:
- Fostering of quality of Sign Language instructors/teachers through:
- Professional Development
- SLIC Conferences
- Training & Evaluation procedures
- Education to the public to hire qualified ASL instructors/teachers
- Access to a national network of leaders and mentors who strive to excel in higher standards for teaching sign language
- Design and development of the SLIC certification process
- Awarding of the SLIC certification
- Social media network, information sharing
- Allowable Income tax receipt
For more information, please contact email@example.com.